For the biscuits, you will need:
- 80 grams rice flour + extra for dusting
- 80 grams tsampa (roasted barley flour, you could also use kamut flour if you cannot find tsampa, the taste of the biscuits will only change very slightly)
- 100 grams cold butter
- 50 grams non refined sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 grams chia seeds
- 40 grams dark chocolate chips
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tea spoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven on 180C (with fan)
Sift the flours in a bowl and add the sugar, the baking powder and the vanilla extract. Make a well in the center and add the egg slightly beaten as well as the pinch of salt. Work the mixture using a fork. Add the butter cut in dices and combine well using your fingers. Add the chia seeds and the chocolate chips and using your hands, knead the mix together until well combined into a smooth ball. Let it rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough about 1/2 cm thick. Cut out your shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, slightly greased with coconut oil.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave on the baking tray for a few minutes to firm up slightly, then lift the biscuits onto a wire rack to let them cool.