To savour or devour those pancakes you will need:
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 150 grams rice flour
- 150 grams rye flour (you could also use spelt or kamut flour)
- 6 table spoon raw sugar (sucanat or I have used grape sugar)
- 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 tea spoon baking soda
- 3 eggs (about 115 grams)
- 2 table spoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, except the baking soda. Pour the butter milk in a jug. In a small recipient mix together the vinegar and baking soda. It will bubble, pour it without waiting in the buttermilk. This will make the milk really airy. Mix the liquid mix with the dry mix, being careful that you don’t have any lumps. Add the coconut oil and mix until all is combined.
Let the batter rest for 30 minutes before doing the pancakes as usual: pour a ladle of batter in a pan heated on a medium to low heat until golden on each side.
Serve them with maple syrup, bacon or cream, the choice is yours!